There are too many variants of Samsung Galaxy devices these days, in the market. For example, if you are looking for a Samsung Galaxy S4 device, then there will be many variants. A galaxy s4 has variants such as i9505, i9502, i9500, i337, i9506, i545, etc. Different models will have different specifications. They will vary in terms of their market value. Unfortunately, there are the software and tricks that can change the original model of a device with a fake one. So, one that is not much aware of this can easily be deceived.
Checking the Samsung Device Name and Model from the Device Menu
This is very easy to go in the “Settings” of your device and tap on “About Device”. This will let you see the complete information about your phone device. From this menu, you will be able to see the “Device name”, Model number” and other information as shown in the below image:
Unfortunately, there are the mobile experts that can easily change the device name and model number. They do it with some tricks and programing. So, how would you be able to make sure that you are actually paying for the right device? The one that you are looking for? Here is the right solution for this:
To check the original model of a Samsung Galaxy S4 device, you can get help from the Odin mode. This special menu will show you the exact model of your Galaxy S4 device. To use this function, follow the following steps:
- Turn off your Galaxy S4 device.
- Make sure that your device is completely turned off. After that, press and hold the volume down, menu and power buttons at the same time.
- When you see a “Warning” message with a yellow caution button, then release the buttons. This screen will be like this:
- Now, press the volume up key to enter the download mode.
- Here, you will see a new screen titled as “ODIN MODE”. This is on the left-top corner like you see in the image below.
- Under that tile, you will find the “PRODUCT NAME”. This is the original model of the device that you have in your hands.
So, this is how you can confirm the exact model of a Samsung Galaxy S4 device. This method can also be applied to many other Galaxy (Android) devices.