Skin Cancer is one of the most common and fatal type of the cancer. If you are suffering from it, you better try hard to know which kind are you suffering from so that you can get the right treatment at a right time. It is a locally destructive body disease that causes the skin to grow in a malignant way. The membrane lined up with the cells, that act as the one that produces a gap and gives a difference between the superficial layers and the deeper layers is the place of origin of this cancerous disease.
Risk Factors for the Skin Cancer
There are a number of factors for the disease, but the most common of them are listed here:
- The exposure to the ultraviolet radiations, that can come directly from the sun or from the tanning beds as well.
- People with blue or hazel eyes with the faired skin are on a much higher chance of getting the disease than the other.
- Ionizing radiations like from the X-rays, or the chemicals like the arsenic that are known to predispose to the cancer.
- The chance of the disease increases with age, people with more age are more likely to get the disease.
Different Types of the Skin Cancers
There are many different types of the skin cancers, some are described here:
- Basal Cell Carcinoma: Over one million cases of this type of the cancer are diagnosed in the United States every year, which makes it one of the most common type.
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma: It affects almost 20% of the patients suffering from the cancer and occurs mostly in the immunosuppressed people.
- There are many other types as well, but not so common, which include: melanoma, cutaneous lymphoma, atypical fibroxanthoma, Merkel cell carcinoma and dermatofibrosarcoma.
Symptoms of the Skin Cancer
- Spots and bruises are normal. However, in the event that you have one that doesn’t recuperate inside 4 weeks, get it checked.
- Pay special mind to a zone of skin that is separated (an ulcer) and doesn’t mend inside 4 weeks, and you can’t think about an explanation behind this change.
- A small lump, which might be slow growing, small, pink or red or might be shinny as well is another symptom.
- Many small red patches on your skin, that may be itchy as well. It also needs to be checked immediately.
Treatments of the Skin Cancer
Before the treatment, your doctor must know what type of the skin cancer you are suffering from. These are the few methods to treat skin cancer:
- One of the most used methods and effective operated as well is the surgery, the tumor is cut from the skin in small thin layers.
- Radiation therapy is another method in which high radiations like the X-rays or any other high energy rays are used to kill the cancer cells.
- Chemotherapy can be done using the drugs.
, you need to get to the doctor as soon as possible as it’s as dangerous as killing you.